Friday, April 13, 2012

Topical

Woke up this morning to a story on the news about tax fraud. This time done by a nation wide company who used the old this is your tax refund but we are taking this much. Saw this myself on one return where they charged the client $500.00 for the return and also charged more money for efiling and services.

I blame this on the truly complicated system of taxes and the fact people do not have the time to figure it out yourself. I mean I study this stuff all year and I still learn things while doing taxes. Most people should be able to handle the simple form but if you've never done it before it can be intimidating. Still I try to explain things to people while doing it which slows me down and I don't get as many returns done. So even my own company sort of encourages keeping clients in the dark.

No comments: